Tuesday, February 01, 2005

All About The Deer Hunter

So...youre probably wondering where I've been.
Right. Like anyone gives a hot shit. Well it all began
a few weeks back when I woke up at 4:15 am barely
able to breathe and decided to haul my ass over to
the all night walk-in gawk-in clinic. The doctor was
this little Indian man who seemed...well...pretty
asleep. What ended up happening was not me receiving
a note for some medication but rather, after I spilled
my guts to this half asleep dark-bearded man,
about how I've been feeling. He sat there 'hmmm'ing
for a good minute and a half. Then he proceeded to
tell me that in spite of what I think, I'm not really
dying and that what I really REALLY need was time
off from my job. A novel idea, I thought. Too bad
it's not reality. The lights in his office were burning
my eyes. He reached back and wrote me a note. SO
as of 3 days ago, I am OFFICIALLY on medical leave
with FULL pay from my job. How sweet doth
the sound?

All this in regards to the DEER HUNTER...

I Have decided to head to Clairton, Pennsylvania
for a while. Watching the Deer Hunter the other
night was actually really captivating (usually it's
a movie I put on to feel worse and numb and all
that shat) and it made me want to see some of
the scenery in that movie. So...that's where I'm
headed. I feel like a character in a Douglas Coupland
book. I might die on the road somewhere, or
even go hungry somewhere in the wilderness, but
I've decided that right now the way I am,

THE WAY I'VE BEEN

is no real way to be and if there is any hint, any
morsel of something that I myself can do about it,
I'm going to...do just that. So here's to adventures.
I'll be sure to drop a note when I get somewhere,
or at least on my way to somewhere.

Imagine me going to the one country I can't stand.
Should be...fun.

N.

4 Comments:

At February 1, 2005 at 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, whats gonna happen next?
im hooked.
R

 
At February 1, 2005 at 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget the frankie valli and the four seasons

 
At February 3, 2005 at 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send me a postcard champ.

B

 
At February 3, 2005 at 11:08 AM, Blogger Jon said...

dude, i love douglas coupland books, and I'm sorry i don't check up on None enough. Let's get it crackin with some pulled pig and creemore springs in frosty glasses. All in due time....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home